Everything Marpole: A Tour of Marpole’s Cultural and Heritage Sites
Saturday, July 6, is Canada Historic Places Day. Here’s the itinerary for our Historic Places Day walking tour:
- 10:30: Meet at Historic Joy Kogawa House (1450 West 64th Avenue Vancouver.) Ann-Marie Metten will provide a history of the House
- 11:00: Walk down Granville, past the Richard Marpole Library Branch and public art installations to the Marpole Museum (8743 Marine Drive SW, Vancouver) Receive a visit voucher. Look in on the Arbutus Greenway and receive a gift bag promoting enjoyment of the Greenway.
- 12:00: Walk across to Marpole Park to visit the Musqueam Heritage site, the Marpole Midden and learn about its history.
- 1pm: Walk up to West 70th Avenue and stop for a brief visit at the newly opened Marpole Neighbourhood House (8585 Hudson Street at W70th)
- 1:30pm: Take the bus at West 70th and Hudson to the Marine Drive Canada Line Loop (return bus tickets provided)
- 2pm: arrive at the new premises of the Marpole Oakridge Family Place (8188 Lord Street) and enjoy a free lunch
Registration essential for catering purposes. Email email@example.com.
Co-hosted with Andrea Krombein, Literacy Outreach Coordinator for Marpole