Historic Joy Kogawa House: Accessibility
Unfortunately, Historic Joy Kogawa House is not currently wheelchair accessible. The house was built in 1912, and our future renovation plans include making the house more accessible.
Here are some specifications for your consideration:
- There are 3 steps from the sidewalk to the garden path, each 107 cm in width and the steepest being 23 cm in height, then a further 5 steps leading to the front door, each 121.5 cm in width and 8 cm in height
- The front door and dining room entry is 85 cm wide
- The bathroom entry is 70 cm wide, with 17 cm clearance on each side of the toilet
- We have a range of chairs with arms and without arms
- We welcome assistance animals
We are currently fundraising and undertaking accessibility planning to make the house universally accessible.
If you have any accessibility questions or concerns, please use the contact form to get in touch. We can discuss access options by whatever means that best suit you, including telephone, text message, email, or in person.